SUMMER TRAINEE, INVESTMENTS
The mission of Finnish Minerals Group is to responsibly maximise the value of Finnish minerals. We manage the State’s mining industry shareholdings and strive to develop the Finnish value chain of lithium-ion batteries. In addition, we are engaged in long-term technology development of the mining and battery industry. Through our work, we contribute to Europe moving towards electric transport and a more sustainable future.
Finnish Minerals Group is aiming at commercially successful and responsible investments while taking societal impacts into consideration. As an active owner, our investment team tracks the performance of our investments, screens and analyses new investment opportunities, and supports other business functions in financial analysis and modelling.
We are now looking for an ambitious Summer Trainee to join our Investment team fulltime for the period May 4th to August 31st, 2020 or flexibly as agreed.
Your work tasks will include financial analysis, market research, financial modelling, and valuation. You will prepare materials for meetings and for decision-making together with other team members. You will also work closely with members of our Technology team and other external partners, as we screen for new opportunities in primary production of battery minerals. Tasks and responsibilities can be adjusted according to the candidate’s profile and interests.
- University studies in a relevant field such as Economics (majoring in e.g. finance or accounting) or Engineering
- Analytical, proactive and goal-oriented mindset
- Interest in the Finnish economy, natural resources and their downstream processing, and private equity
- Strong skills in Excel and PowerPoint
- Understanding of accounting and corporate finance
- Fluency in English and Finnish, as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience from investment banking, financial markets, or management consulting considered an asset, but not a prerequisite
We offer you an excellent opportunity to learn about the rapidly growing battery value chain industry, starting from the upstream commodities, and to contribute in further development of our activities. You will get to work on challenging and versatile projects together with supportive and professional colleagues in the centre of Helsinki.
Please apply by submitting your CV, academic transcript and cover letter by March 1st, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please contact Investment Director Timo Kärkkäinen, +358 50 434 3012.